5 easy mouth-watering Tuna Fish Recipes
The most important commercial fish is Tuna. It is a saltwater fish that belongs to the tribe Thunnini, a sub-grouping of the Mackerel family. Tuna can be cooked in various ways and tastes great whether it is smoked, roasted, fried or broiled.
Here are some favourite tuna fish recipes that are not only easy to make but absolutely lip smacking delicious.
Easy Tuna Patties
Tuna patties taste great dipped in ketchup, mustard or hot sauce. They can also be eaten as a sandwich.
- Take 2 eggs and about 2 tablespoon lemon juice. Beat the two together in a bowl.
- Use 3 tablespoon fresh parmesan cheese and 10 tablespoon italian-seasoned bread crumbs to make a paste. Fold in 3 tablespoon onions and 3 tunas and mix well. Season with black pepper.
- Shape tuna mixture into 1-inch thick patties.
- Fry patty until golden brown in vegetable oil.
Tuna Fish Tomato Curry
This a delicious fish recipe made into a curry especially by coastal folks. Tuna fish, tomato and lemon juice is used to give a tangy twist and a zesty flavour to make this dish really special.
- Cut tuna fish into pieces. Rub salt, turmeric powder, lemon juice and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a vessel and put minced onion and tomato. Cook until onion is soft and the tomato is pulpy.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala powder. Mix well. Let the spices get cooked on slow fire with water. Add enough water to make gravy. Now add salt as per your taste.
- Boil well and add the fish to this gravy. For added flavour, garnish with coriander leaves.
Grilled spicy Tuna
This recipe can be served with rice and is very popular.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add mustard seeds. As they begin to pop add ginger, chilli and curry leaves. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Rub turmeric on both the sides of tuna steaks. Place is a bowl and cover with oil. Cover and chill for one hour to marinate.
- Preheat grill pan over high heat. Cook tuna steaks for 2-min per side or until cook as per your liking. Top with red onion and cilantro.
Curried Tuna with ginger and yogurt
This is a delicious dish and can be made in 20 minutes flat. It tastes great with hot steaming rice.
- In a large skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil, ginger and onion and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add tomato paste, curry powder, cumin powder and water. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add tuna fish and cook for 10 -15 minutes.
- Finally add yogurt and salt to taste. Mix well. Curried Tuna is ready to serve.
- Although this recipe is slightly elaborate, the end result is so delicious you will find it worth the effort.
- In a medium bowl pour ¾ cup boiling water over tamarind pods and keep aside.
- Combine 2 peppercorns, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and grind to fine powder. Add ground almonds and grind again. Add turmeric to the spice mixture and keep aside.
- Also prepare some fresh tamarind pulp.
- Heat oil in a large, wide saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, ginger and garlic and salt. Cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in spices and cook for some time until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, chillies, tamarind water and lime juice. Let it simmer.
- Salt tuna pieces lightly and add then to the pan. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the tuna is cooked.