Nanotechnology is the popular science which is bringing basic and effective advancements in distinct fields and sectors. The basic physical, chemical and mechanical properties are the main reasons which have made it to be used in different fields. The properties of nanoparticles change significantly based on the uses of it. The bulk material remains constant in its properties throughout regardless to its size and shape.
But the nanoparticles being too small in size changes its properties even if slightest change is done in the manufacture process. In other words, size is the major factor which contributes to the properties of the nanoparticles. Almost all metals constitute to the properties of nanoparticles if its shape and size are altered. Example: if the silver nanoparticles are synthesised, the use of silver is in pretty small quantity and however it can be altered by adding some more agents.
Properties of nanoparticles to know
Properties Of Nanoparticles | Image Resource : upload.wikimedia.org
- When physical properties are concerned, the size is the foremost factor. The size of nanoparticles is too small and it can be altered based on the use. The applications of the nanoparticles are varied and the change in size can change everything further.
- The nanoparticles are able to absorb solar radiations easily. Here again, as the size of nanopartilces is tiny, it can be used to absorb the light easily converting it into a useful energy.
- The nanoparticles usually require minimum temperature to melt. The gold requires 1064 degree Celsius to melt were as gold nanoparticle requires -300m to melt the size of 2.5 nm.
- The optical properties of nanoparticle are superb and thus it is used to provide quantum affect. The electrons confine easily producing the quantum affects.
- The nanoparticles change easily in chemical properties as the size changes. There is particle to particle interaction in the case of nanoparticles. Consult the hydroxyapatite powder seller for getting required solution.
- The magnetic properties possessed by the nanoparticles are useful in detecting various types of scanning and imaging of human body. The magnetic properties attract the particles easily and detect the symptoms.
- The molecular regions are affected due to the chemical properties. The ions and molecules vary in electronic form and thus are used to detect various other properties of other metals too.
At nanoscale, particles to particles interact and produce unique affect. Such interaction is then applied for different purposes and is mainly composed of covalent bonds. The interaction is strong and generates strong polar and electrostatic force between them. If the interaction forces are attractive then the properties are enhanced at greater extent.
The properties of nanoparticles changes with the change in the attractive and repulsive nature. It then determines the fate of the nanoparticles and is individually or collectively responsible for the applications. Know about many more properties of nanoparticles from online sites and view its varied applications. The increasing demand of nanoparticles has increased its application in distinct fields due to its varied properties.